Unsung Announce New Folk-Horror Anthology and Kickstarter: THIS DREAMING ISLE
London-based independent publishers Unsung Stories have been quietly putting out some of the most interesting writing in genre fiction since 2014, from Aliya Whiteley’s gorgeous and hauntingly apocalyptic The Beauty and The Arrival Of Missives to Malcolm Devlin’s weird fiction collection of short stories, You Will Grow Into Them, to Oliver Langmead’s noir science fiction poetry epic Dark Star.
Last year, their anthology 2084, which gained a stunning 1100 backers, asked a dizzying array of speculative fiction writers to follow up George Orwell’s classic Nineteen Eighty-Four by imagining what our future will look like a hundred years after the novel is set. This year sees them return with a new Kickstarter for a new anthology. This Dreaming Isle collects together a similarly diverse range of authors to create fantasy and horror stories inspired by the mythology and history of the British Isles. Featuring horror legend Ramsey Campbell (Obsession, Incarnate, The Searching Dead), Jeanette Ng (Under The Pendulum Sun), Andrew Michael Hurley (The Loney), Aliya Whiteley and Catriona Ward (Rawblood), this project looks to be as fascinating, exciting and surprising as their previous effort, and already features Unsung’s trademark stunningly beautiful cover art.
This Dreaming Isle is edited by Dan Coxon, and will feature stories from the following authors:
- Ramsey Campbell, multi-award winning author of over 40 novels
- Andrew Michael Hurley, author of The Loney and Devil’s Day
- Catriona Ward, author of Rawblood and Little Eve
- Jenn Ashworth, author of Fell, Cold Light and more
- Gareth E. Rees, author of Marshland and The Stone Tide
- Tim Lebbon, screenwriter and author of over 35 books including Dusk, The Silence and Relics
- Aliya Whiteley, author of The Beauty, The Arrival of Missives and The Loosening Skin
- Stephen Volk, screenwriter and author of Whistable, Monsters in the Heart and more
- James Miller, author of UnAmerican Activities, Lost Boys and Sunshine State
- Jeannette Ng, author of Under the Pendulum Sun
- Richard V. Hirst, co-author of The Night Visitors
- Alison Moore, author of The Lighthouse, Missing and more
- Gary Budden, author of Hollow Shores
- Angela Readman, author of Don’t Try This at Home and The Book of Tides
This Dreaming Isle reclaims the dark heart of Britain’s literary legacy.
Support it on Kickstarter here.