Mother of Slag by Timandra Whitecastle – COVER REVEAL
Yes, yes, yes. I know you’re here to have a look at the cover and thus judge this book because we ALL judge books by their covers.
However! Instead of just ramming the blurb down your throat and sticking the gorgeous cover art into your eyeballs, I figured I’d take this moment and give you a few hints on whether this book is for you.
In no particular order, FIVE bullet points on whether YOU should buy/read Mother of Slag.
- Because you’ve read the first two books of the Living Blade series, and after THAT cliffhanger in On the Wheel, you really want to know what happens next. (Since this is the final volume in a trilogy of books – you might want to start with the first book…*)
- Yes, there’s a naked lady with a snake on the cover, but this is not a cheap thrills book. Nope. Nuh-uh. This is a (grim)dark fantasy book that peers into the darkness within us all. Additionally, you can shout at your disapproving mother/friend/seat neighbor on the bus: THIS IS ART! ARTIST TOMMY ARNOLD PAINTED THIS COVER LADY AND SERIOUSLY, YOU COULD HANG THIS PIECE IN A GALLERY/ART MUSEUM SOMEWHERE! TITLES DESIGNER JAMES T EGAN OF BOOKFLY DESIGN FRAMED IT IN GOLD TOO AND I CAN’T EVEN ajjjdsklsfhhh …And you will be absolutely correct in yelling!
- If you think THIS cover is gorgeous, collect all three books and put them next to each other for the effect of seeing Manifest Beauty congregated on your bookshelf. (Besides we all buy books just for their covers, right? Pretty sure 99% of all book lovers do this and live without regret…)
- If you’re a reader who thinks all lady writers in fantasy write YA fiction, and this is one of those bodice-ripping romance book series – nnnnyeah. This trilogy is probably not for you. I say probably, since this will depend on your individual squeamishness level when it comes to descriptions of gore, sexual violence, and body horror …. However! If you’re a reader who enjoys grimdark fiction and have always wondered: where are the swear-y, angry, violent AF, and yet still horny ladies in fantasy? Congratulations! You have found your next binge-able trilogy!
- If you’re looking for your next comfort read about a farmboy hero who goes on an epic quest to find a sword of absolute power and then turns out to be the long lost heir to the kingdom? Sorry. These are not the books you’re looking for. No comfort in here. No farmboys, either. Move along.
- BONUS POINT: did you know that readers tend to live longer than non-readers, and are more empathetic to boot? I’m not saying that if you read all three books your lifespan will increase and you’ll be a much better person … but … *whispers* read my boooooooooooks
* The first book in the series is currently FREE at your local Amazon store, but only until midnight (PST), March 1st! Click here to get a copy!
And now, the cover:
Here’s the blurb:
She’s under a sword’s control. He’s crushed by the past. Together, they’ll fight for a new kind of freedom…
Driven to the brink of madness, Noraya “Nora” Smith is chained to the Living Blade, body and soul. Unable to restrain its fury, Nora watches the enchanted sword use her to wreak havoc across the land. Before the blade devours her whole, Nora must find and rescue her twin brother from the dark realm within…
The once-proud warrior Master Telen Diaz reels from the loss of his sword arm and his past of painful abuse. After taking refuge on a magical island, the half-wight uncovers the truth of his heritage. But will the help of the bloodwitches and mermaids allow him to understand his feelings for Nora?
Alone, Nora and Diaz are powerless against the dark Prophetess. Together, they may just have a chance to restore balance to the world…
Mother of Slag is the powerful third and final book in The Living Blade dark fantasy series. If you like fantasy books that sever limbs and warm the heart, then you’ll love Timandra Whitecastle’s gritty fairytale.
I’m Timandra Whitecastle, and I write fantasy that punches you in the face and in the feels.Thank you for your attention.
Instagram: @timwhitecastle (tag me in your pics of any of my books and I’ll share them in my stories!)