Women in SFF 2022 Week 1 WRAP UP
It’s our third Women in SFF!
We’ve reached the end of our first week, and as ever, the response from the community has been absolutely fantastic! Every year we are always so humbled and grateful to see the love for this feature.
Each week, we’ll try and round up all this wonderful content into one summary-wrap-up post – if we’ve missed you, please comment and link below! We’d love to see the ways you’re taking part.
So, what have you all been up to…?
We’re going to kick the wrap-up off with reviews, as that’s what we’re all here for really, right? Finding those books to add to our TBR!
Nils @ the Hive: The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen
Jonathan @ the Hive: Animals at Night by Naomi Booth
Shona @ the Hive: Together We Burn by Isabel Ibañez
Posts, Articles and Threads
There were plenty of ways we all celebrated Women in SFF this week –
- Rachel Emma Shaw kicked off this year’s guest posts with a discussion on the failure of writing for validation.
- Here on the Hive, we started a tag chain of recommendations.
- Australian indie author Tjalara Draper joined us for a chat about her books.
- As did A Marvellous Light author Freya Marske.
- Nils took part in the blog tour cover reveal for Denise Crittendon‘s gorgeous Where it Rains in Color and they chatted about we can expect from the novel.
- Stephanie Burgis shared with us a guest post about writing and chronic illness.
- Finally, Tiktok star Stacey McEwan wrote about the highs and lies of the social media app.
And finally, the photo challenge. This year, we scaled it back with only the three prompts a week, but the response has been bigger than ever!
Mon 4th: TBR
Wed 6th: Pride
Fri 8th: Antiheroes
What a wonderful start to our Women in SFF month!